About a year ago, God put it on my heart that I needed to learn about what peace is. Not the peace of this world but true God-given, Christ-exalting peace.
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." John 14:27 ESV
One of the first things the Lord lead me to in this search for His peace was the book, The Peacemaker by Ken Sande. This book, in addition to the many Scriptures I read on peace, served to be incredibly convicting. There were a couple of key areas in my life where I did not have peace and with God's help, I needed to make some changes.
While, it's been a year and although the work is not complete, those areas have been transformed by His grace and peace. I will say more in another post about what those things are and what God taught me but this post is about peacemaking in marriage. This was the topic at the MOMS group I attended last week at my church. The speakers were a couple from my church and they used The Peacemakers and Sande's other book, Peacemaking for Families, as sources. I took notes during this presentation, so this series will be a combination of their information and my own insights (in italics).
I want to start by asking you to figure out how you would answer the following questions:
1) What are some current areas of conflict with my spouse? (Romance, finances, parenting, etc.)
2) How do I handle conflict? (Fight or flight; now or later; brush it under the rug, etc.)
3) How can my spouse and I have a more peaceful marriage?
4)What peacemaking characteristics are we teaching our children?
Ponder these things and tune in for the next part of this series!
While, it's been a year and although the work is not complete, those areas have been transformed by His grace and peace. I will say more in another post about what those things are and what God taught me but this post is about peacemaking in marriage. This was the topic at the MOMS group I attended last week at my church. The speakers were a couple from my church and they used The Peacemakers and Sande's other book, Peacemaking for Families, as sources. I took notes during this presentation, so this series will be a combination of their information and my own insights (in italics).
I want to start by asking you to figure out how you would answer the following questions:
1) What are some current areas of conflict with my spouse? (Romance, finances, parenting, etc.)
2) How do I handle conflict? (Fight or flight; now or later; brush it under the rug, etc.)
3) How can my spouse and I have a more peaceful marriage?
4)What peacemaking characteristics are we teaching our children?
Ponder these things and tune in for the next part of this series!
No comments:
Post a Comment