I've only attempted one other series on this blog and it did not last very long. In spite of that, I am going to try to do another series. The topic of this series is very close to my heart as I have been a single mom for 2 1/2 years. During this time, God has blessed me abundantly with friends (and strangers) who have been incredible supporters and encouragers. I thought I would put together a series of things that we can do to be a blessing to single mothers and also to help others understand what it is like to be a single mom.
Next Sunday, May 10th, is Mother's Day. Although like most holidays, Mother's Day has become quite commercialized it is still great to have a day to celebrate and appreciate mothers. Especially in families where there are young children, the responsibility for planning the Mother's Day activities tends to be the husband's job. So, in families with a single mom, nothing may be planned for Mother's Day.
This is were we come in. Do something kind, special, etc. for the single moms in your life! Here are some ideas of what you can do:
- Write a card
- Give her a quick phone call
- Invite her and her kids to lunch, dinner, dessert, etc.
- Bring a meal
- Arrange to help her kids make her something special
- Even something as small as wishing her a "Happy Mother's Day" in church will make a big impression!
Disclaimer- I am in no way trying to make someone feel like they have to do these things. The purpose of this post is to give ideas to people who want to reach out to single moms in some way.
No comments:
Post a Comment