My soul was rocked today in church. The hectic schedule I have had for the last couple of weeks has left my spirit feeling weak and dry. Unfortunately, in all the things to get done, places to go, plans to make I have spent very little time focused on Christ. When Christ is your center and you are not focusing on Him, nothing else goes right. Spiritually I have barely been making it lately. Last night God lead me to my Morning and Evening devotional by Charles Spurgeon and to this week's fighter verse, James 4:7-8b. Those two things greatly encouraged me and I prayed that God would refresh my spirit. As He always does, God answered in a big way. The music today in church was exactly what I needed to hear. Before the first song was finished I could feel my soul drinking once again of the living waters.
But God did not stop there. Lecrae, a Christian rap artist, gave a special performance at our church this morning. He performed his song, "Don't Waste Your Life," which is based off of John Piper's book by the same title. The lyrics of this song brought me to tears. Seeing that God has taken rap music (which so often is full of sinful ideas) and made it his own was amazing. God has truly given Lecrae an incredible gift.
Finally, the sermon was exactly what I needed to hear. A powerful, insightful proclamation of the gospel, true to God's word! (I will put the link up for the sermon sometime Monday, Lord willing.) What an amazing answer to prayer! Thank you, Jesus, thank you!
"Don't Waste Your Life" Lecrae
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment