Monday, November 3, 2008

My experiment

For the past four weeks I have been covertly [read: unintentionally] conducting an experiment. Hopefully today was the last day of the experiment for a while. In four weeks, Aiden and I have taken 3 trips to his pediatrician in Edina. Edina is a pretty affluent suburb of Minneapolis and therefore was the perfect site for this experiment. On each of the visits I have been observing the way cars are parked in the parking lot.

Hypothesis:

I left our first visit with my hypothesis, "The richer you are (or the more expensive car you drive), the worse you are at parking." Aiden left with a diagnosis of walking pneumonia.
Data:
Trip #2 confirmed my suspicions as Aiden and I attempted to walk between two cars that were parked completely crooked, one was a Range Rover and one was a Saab. That trip Aiden came home with a bill of good health and a few "owwies" from shots. Today was (again, I say hopefully) the culmination of my extensive scientific work on the subject of poor parking. I parked in front of a Cadillac that was over the line and crooked. Next to the Cadillac was a brand-new shiny Jeep, parked crooked. Now, don't get me wrong, when I say crooked I don't mean just a little bit, I mean "have you been drinking?"-crooked. Aiden departed this time with a diagnosis of an ear infection.
Conclusion:
Needless to say I think my hypothesis has been proven. Now the question remains, are they bad at parking because they truly lack the ability/eyesight to park straight or is it just that they don't think they have to park within the lines?

1 comment:

The Three Amigos said...

Pretty sure they like to park that way in hopes of no one parking next to them. Some may be that way because they are always in too big of a hurry to care. Love the Deep Thoughts by Clair Parker.