Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Missions

"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under Heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday's sermon marked the end of another Missions Focus at Bethlehem. Again I sat in the pews aching to stand up and walk down to the front when Paster John asked for anyone who feels called to do long-term missions to step forward. I have known for almost two years that I want to do missions on a long term basis and I feel confident that this desire is from God. I also feel confident that now is not that time for me. But on Sunday as I walked out of church I couldn't help but wonder if it was my flesh or God that kept me in my seat. Even now, three days later, I am unsure but I know that if it is God's will for me to serve Him in that way it will happen exactly when He intends it to. Just last week, Sean brought up the topic of missions and told me that he also feels that God is calling him to do it long-term at some point. How amazing to know that God is slowly pulling up our roots and possibly preparing us for such an amazing calling! For now, I wait contently on our Lord!



Love, E.K.

No comments: