God's grace is evident in all things, remember to look.
Our generous Lord has given me so much grace in my life. I am reminded of how undeserving I truly am apart from the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. My relationship with Sean continues to grow in ways I never knew were possible. I did not know I could ever love someone this way and have them love me in return with the same intensity. Without a doubt, this passion is from God; an incredible blessing that has His name all over it.
"...Put off the old self...and put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Eph. 4:22-23
A few days ago I listened to Sean thank me for my humility and my gentleness. For a moment I wondered if he knew what those words meant. Two years ago those words would not have been used to describe me, unless the category was "things Claire is not." The "old Claire" was combative and defensive regardless of the situation. I take no credit for this change because it is the work of God alone. He has healed the wounds that caused me to lash out and forgiven the sins that made me fight. I had to be in control in everything because I was so afraid of the one time I was not in control. By His grace I am not that person today. Grace upon grace flows down.
Our generous Lord has given me so much grace in my life. I am reminded of how undeserving I truly am apart from the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. My relationship with Sean continues to grow in ways I never knew were possible. I did not know I could ever love someone this way and have them love me in return with the same intensity. Without a doubt, this passion is from God; an incredible blessing that has His name all over it.
"...Put off the old self...and put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Eph. 4:22-23
A few days ago I listened to Sean thank me for my humility and my gentleness. For a moment I wondered if he knew what those words meant. Two years ago those words would not have been used to describe me, unless the category was "things Claire is not." The "old Claire" was combative and defensive regardless of the situation. I take no credit for this change because it is the work of God alone. He has healed the wounds that caused me to lash out and forgiven the sins that made me fight. I had to be in control in everything because I was so afraid of the one time I was not in control. By His grace I am not that person today. Grace upon grace flows down.
No comments:
Post a Comment