Friday, August 22, 2008

A new definition for a new life...

Love.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Cor 13:4-8a

"Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18

"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you." Psalm 63:3

"Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law." Romans 13:8

In being born again, I have learned the true meaning of the word "love." A word that in our culture is thrown around, devalued and defaced everyday. It's preciousness was unknown to me until I surrendered to Christ's love. Everyday for nearly two years, I have been learning how to love and growing in my love for our great Creator. Though I am undeserving, He has given me His unconditional love. I could not ask for more but He gives in abundance beyond our imagination's small abilities. God has given me Sean's love and filled me with love for Sean. I am humbled by this blessing and humbled by the magnitude of His love for me, for us, for everyone. God is good and His love is all I need, He provides!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

are you married yet?? i'd like to come to the wedding...at least send pics ;) (this is a good way to start rumors..hahahaha)