In our sin we trust our own abilities
As though we can fight against evil
Standing unarmed in this age
We put the Lion in a cage
In our self-exalting minds we think
I will not be greedy, I will tell no lie
I can do no harm, how great I will be
What power we invest in I, when there is no power in me
And the Lion sits in His cage, gentle as a Lamb
Not because He cannot come out
But because we fail to call on His name
Even as we are burned in the flame
Do not be confused, when I say there is no power in I
I mean there is also no power in you
Evil gives confidence, fills with pride
Evil will afford you to buy into the lies
And still we cage the Lion, deaf to His mighty roar
He alone can save us, only by His strength
Yet our eyes blind with love of man
Do not see the one who holds us in His hands
If we fail to open the cage, to come fearfully to His throne
We will succomb to evil, belonging to our sins
If we do not seek the One who is both Lion and Lamb
Evil will devour us in the place we try to stand
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment