Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Scared, in a good way

Last night, while sitting on the couch with Sean, he looked at me and asked me what I was thinking. I wavered slightly, should I tell him? Seeing my hesitation, he reminded me, "You're an open book, remember!" I should have known those words would come back to bite me.

"I am thinking that this is scary. But a good kind of scary. The kind of scary that makes me call out to Christ in prayer. The kind of scary that reminds me no matter what happens, it is for my good. There is so much potential for heartbreak. But God is in control."

Yes, I am scared but in the same instance, I am assured. I do not doubt my Savior. I know that he has promised to do all things for my good. He does not promise that bad things will not happen, instead he promises that even those things will be for my good. "... but God meant it for good." Genesis 50:20. Regardless of the outcome of this relationship, I will be able to glory in the knowledge that it is in accordance with His will for our lives. That is not to say that there won't be pain, there very possibly could be. But I have salvation that overshadows all hurt; salvation that makes suffering worthwhile.

"Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain"
-MercyMe, Bring the Rain

Love, E.K.

1 comment:

SamanthaLee said...

hi. My name is Samantha you dont know me but someone i go to church with pointed me to your blog. and said im going through something similar to what you have gone through. i was wondering if maybe we could talk through email or something.