Monday, June 2, 2008

On My Knees...

Let me start by saying that this poor blog has been neglected! I started this blog thinking it would be a great way for me to express my feelings, emotions, etc. I still believe it has the potential to be an amazing outlet for me, I just need to do a better job of opening up and pouring out. Well, God could not have created a better opportunity for me do just that!

For the first time in over 2 1/2 years, I am dating. To be more accurate, I am dating for the first time. I have been saved for about a year and a half and I am a completely new person (they call it "the New Birth" for a reason!). Because of that, it's like I have never done this before. Also, the guy I am dating, Sean, is a believer and he is like no man I have ever met before. Certainly, not like anyone the "old Claire" dated.

I am experiencing emotions that are completely new to me, unlike anything else I have been through in life. Being saved has showed me just how vast the emotional spectrum is. Gone are the worldly definitions of happiness and satisfaction. They have been replaced my meanings too great to convey in words. Now, the feeling I experience are those that God ordained for me thousands of years ago, before the world was formed.

I am falling in love. Not the worldly love that destroyed me throughout my teen years. A love that reflects the greatest love of all; a love that, God-willing, will point to Christ on the Cross! I am not falling in love with his looks or his personality (though he has both of those). Instead, I am falling in love with how he loves Jesus and the passion that he has for the Lord. I am falling in love with the way that his words challenge me to pursue my Savior that much further. I am falling in love with the realization that he is the kind of man I want to lead my family. I am falling in love with the signs that God is sending me to tell me, "this is the man that I made for you!"

And I am doing all this with a clear mind and a guarded heart. May I not take a breathe, say a word or move in this relationship without it being prayer-saturated and Christ-centered!

Please keep my family (Aiden and me) in your prayers and in the same thought, pray for Sean. The verses that God has given me in this time are Mathew 4:1-1o, pray that we may be like Jesus is in these verses.

Love, E.K.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I am so happy for you and so proud of you! It never ceases to amaze me how God can turn all things, all situations and make them for the good of those who love Him! I just see how He has taken your life and just made it such an amazing testament to His strength and glory! I am praying for you and Aiden daily and that if this is the man God has in store for you, that you will just find immense joy and blessings in one another!