I have taken up writing poetry again, thanks to some inspiration from friends! Poetry has always been my release and I'm ready to get back into it. Here is a poem I wrote about where my life is now, thanks to God's will! Enjoy!
Love, E.K.
Tired and Worn
A door to a room you can’t look in
Only I hold the key
Roads I would take, races I would win
Put away the dreams I used to see
I locked that door when you were born
Plans I made were gone
Today I felt so tired and worn
My patience and smile withdrawn
So I turned the key with a grin
Admire dreams never to be
At the moment when my nerves were thin
I just wanted to feel free
Did not expect things so tired and worn
Thought a light would dawn
Shocked to find my dreams were old and torn
Not vivid pictures my mind had drawn
Discovered I was in the same skin
Only now you are the dream for me
New dreams of the life you and I begin
Desires for the past flee
No comments:
Post a Comment